How to Enter
Please read our Conditions of Entry here before registering for the competition.
2021 OPTIONAL THEME: "RICH AND RARE"
"Our poets are encouraged to take inspiration from wherever they may find it, however if they are looking for some direction, competition participants are invited to use this year's optional theme to inspire their entries."
In 2021, the Dorothea Mackellar Memorial Society has chosen the theme “Rich and Rare.” As always, it is an optional theme, so please write about whatever topic sparks your poetic genius.
For a copy of the wonderful theme poster, please click here.
HOW TO ENTER
*PLEASE NOTE: If you're registering as an individual student, put your HOME address in your personal details and not your SCHOOL'S address! The address you list is where your participation certificate will be posted!*
(primary school and secondary school, anytime during the competition period)
- Teacher/parent - registration completed online (invoice will be emailed within 2 weeks of registration)
- Log in to your page.
- Enter student details and submit poem(s) (cut and paste or type in poem content direct to the webpage) PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD POEMS AS ATTACHMENTS AS THAT FUNCTION IS FOR POSTAL ENTRIES ONLY.
- Repeat step 3 for every student/individual poem.
Please see here for a detailed PDF on entry instructions for teachers and parents.
- Have a read of the judges' reports from the previous year. They contain some very helpful advice for teachers and parents alike!
- It is recommended for schools to appoint a coordinator for the competition.
- Only a teacher/parent can complete the registration form on behalf of the student/child.
- Log-in details: username is the email address and a password of your choice.
- Log-in details can be given to other teachers/students for poem submission in class/at home.
- Log-in as many times as necessary during the competition period.
- Teachers can view progress by monitoring the number and content of entries.
- Individual entries are accepted if the school is not participating or a child is home schooled. Parent needs to complete the registration form with their contact details. Please indicate 'individual entry' under school name and home postal address under school address.
- Invoice for the entry fee will be sent to the registered email address within 2 weeks.
- ‘Participation certificate only’ option available for schools where pre-selection of entries has been carried out. Poems under this option will not be sent to judges, students will still receive participation certificate for their efforts.
Please read the Conditions of Entry before entering. Entries accepted: March 1 to June 30, results announced during early September.
NEED SOME INSPIRATION?
For more information contact our Project Officer on 02 6742 1200 or email